As I look out my window at the gloomy autumnal weather it’s good to reflect on the great progress we’ve made this summer and some of the highlights we can update you on.
- Planning Application – Following our pre-planning application we were advised to obtain a Heritage Statement to support our full planning application. We are so glad we took additional time to do this as the report received is extremely supportive. It is very clear that we are reviving and improving an historic building for the benefit of the whole community. One final piece of work is being completed relating to the main roof and the stone masonry and then we are ready to submit our full planning application. We remain confident that our case is strong and that we will submit sometime in November.
- Quantity Surveyor – Now that the design is finalised we have hired a Quantity Surveyor to give us an accurate estimate of the costs to renovate the building. We should be able to give you more feedback on this in the next newsletter.
- New Team Member – We are thrilled that Lee Alexander has recently joined the team. Lee brings a lot of ongoing experience from the service management side of the NHS. This includes raising money for new projects and involving people in the design of services they will be using. We still need additional skills and particularly someone with legal experience. Again if you are that person or you know someone who might be, please let us know.
- Fund Raising and Volunteers – We are so grateful to all our supporters who previously committed to support life as a volunteer. Whilst we are some way off opening there is a way you can help us now. We need volunteers to help run our future fundraising events. In particular we intend to run a clothes swap in the near future. If you are willing to help organise and run this please please get in touch. Please contact any of the core team you may know or use the contact form on the website.
- Website – We now have an “Our Events” section on the website with featured events on the home page as well. Please check this out from time to time to keep updated on what is happening.
- Raise money for life as you shop online – It’s simple, it’s free and supported by all the major online retailers. Just go to the easyfundraising website, search for Life Dronfield and then register for free. A small amount of money will then be donated to life by the retailers as you shop.
Many thanks for your continuing support and best wishes from all the team at life.
If you would like to download a PDF copy of the newsletter please click on the life logo at the top of the newsletter.